Wednesday 15 May 2024

2024 Park Min-young Asia Fanmeet Event: "My Brand New Day" in Manila

South Korean actress Park Min-young is one of my favorite K-drama actresses. I've really loved and enjoyed all of her dramas that I've watched, including City Hunter, What's Wrong with Secretary Kim, Her Private Life, Forecasting Love and Weather, and Love in Contract.

When I saw the news that she would be visiting the country for her first-ever fan meet event in the Philippines, I told myself that I needed to attend the event as a member of the media or as a fan by buying a ticket.

Since I wasn't sure about getting media access and I wanted to have a photo with Min-young (as part of the MVP tier benefit, which is a group photo with her), I decided to get tickets on the date of the ticket selling. Luckily, I got a front-row seat.


Manila was part of the 2024 Park Min-young Asia Fanmeet Event: "My Brand New Day," which was held on May 12, 2024, at the SM North Skydome.

I am still feeling tired as, on the previous day, I covered the KWAVE Music Festival event at the Burnham Green, Rizal Park in Manila. Then I had to work the next day from 3 AM to 12 NN.

It was a hot Sunday, and fortunately, there was no traffic. I thought the fan meet event would start at 7 PM, but it started around 6:15 PM. I arrived around 6:40 PM, missing Park Min-young's opening act.

When I arrived, the segment was more about the actress talking about her recent drama, "Marry My Husband," which I haven't watched yet.

It was followed by a vacation vlog of Min-young in Vietnam, together with the cast and crew of Marry My Husband.

Everyone was surprised as Park Min-young showcased her talent in dancing to the tune of "You & Me" by Lisa of Blackpink. She also mentioned that she wanted to show her fans something new.

**ASK ABOUT MIN-YOUNG**

The following segment is a Q&A portion where the actress selected random questions from fans. She shared that she listens to BTS and other K-pop groups.

A compilation of heartfelt messages from Min-young's co-actors was shown on screen. The video included actors Choi Gyuri, Pyo Ye-jin, Kim Mi-kyung, and Na In-woo.

**MY CHOICE**

A fan meet event would not be complete without games and fan interaction. Four lucky fans won a Polaroid photo with Min-young and also met her on stage.

A Chinese fan who had already attended the Bangkok leg also won a customized eco-bag from Park Min-young.

**VIDEO SURPRISE**

The Filo-Beans made a surprise video full of heartwarming messages and encouragement for Park Min-young.

Park Min-young said that she will strive hard to become the best actress for her fans.


LETTER TO HER FANS

Min-young read a letter that she had written for her Filipino fans. She mentioned that she should have visited the country earlier, but since she was already there, she planned to come back again.

FINALE

Ending the fan meet event on a high note, Park Min-young performed her rendition of "Flowers" by Miley Cyrus.

The event was followed by a Hi-Bye session for every ticket holder, then followed by a group photo session.

I am delighted that I won a signed poster by Park Min-young, which I will frame together with my signed STAYC and Kim Sejeong posters. 

I am truly happy to have seen one of my favorite South Korean actresses in person. It was a surreal moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment