Monday 19 February 2024

Park Hyung-Sik 'SIKcret Time in Manila'

Park Hyung-Sik is one of the South Korean actors that my wife and I enjoy watching. We enjoyed his dramas "Suits," "Soundtrack #1," and "Happiness," and are currently hooked on his ongoing drama "Doctor Slump" with Park Shin-Hye.

I wasn't able to attend and cover his first fan meet in Manila for Bench before the pandemic because I was busy covering a sporting event.

Thankfully, Park Hyung-Sik returned to Manila for his 2024 Asia Tour "SIKcret Time in Manila," which was held at the Araneta Coliseum on February 17, 2024.

The event was hosted by my friend Janeena Chan, with whom I have worked at ABS-CBN Sports before.

To kick off the show, Hyung-Sik performed the song “Bud,” which is one of the OSTs from his K-drama “Our Blooming Youth.”

The actor expressed his happiness about returning to the Philippines and his hope to do scuba diving here.

The first segment focuses on getting to know Park Hyung-sik as he answers questions from fans and tries different Tagalog words and expressions, including “Mahal Kita” and “Keri”.

During the activity, the actor participated in various challenges, including playing “Sipa,” the Emoji memory test, a poker face singing challenge, and a tagaog guessing game.

The fan meet will not be complete without discussing his ongoing drama with Park Shin-hye in "Doctor Slump."

He shared that he is happy with how people react to the drama and his scenes with Park Shin-hye.

A surprise video was also shown to Hyung-sik, and he expressed his gratitude to the fans who keep supporting him.

Park Hyung-sik also showcased his singing talent by serenading the fans with his covers of Justin Bieber's “Off My Face” and Sung Si-kyung's “Every Moment of You,” concluding the night with his own song “Because of You.”

I obtained media passes through my music site, Concerts in Town PH, and covered the event with my fellow media friends Miles, JD, and my brother's friend, Abbi. 

We were provided with Platinum tickets and had the opportunity to participate in the Hi-Bye session after the event, where I greeted Park Hyung-Sik up close.

Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photos, but we did enjoy the show.

Big thanks to Publicity Asia for inviting us to the event and for making it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment