Saturday 17 February 2024

Jerrick's Field Trip 2024

When I was in elementary school through high school, I always looked forward to our school field trips. After 23 long years, I was finally able to join a school field trip with my wife to accompany our son.

Call time is as early as 4:30 AM, and I vividly remember how excited I was waking up in the morning, eager not to miss the bus for the trip.

My son was unable to attend any field trips in the past three years due to the pandemic, so he was very excited for this day to visit Museo El Deposito, Manuel Quezon Memorial and Museum, and Manila Ocean Park.

MUSEO EL DEPOSITO

Located in Pinaglabanan Memorial Shrine in San Juan, it was opened on February 20, 2019.

The Carriedo water system includes the El Deposito underwater reservoir, built in 1882 to supply water to the residents of Manila and the surrounding areas.

The museum also features historical items, including old photographs, dioramas, artifacts, and more.

QUEZON MEMORIAL SHRINE

Our next stop is at the Quezon Memorial Shrine, where the remains of former President Manuel Quezon were transferred in 1979, and his wife Aurora Quezon's remains were transferred to the shrine on April 28, 2005.

Part of the trip includes a visit to the Museo ni Manuel L. Quezon, which showcases a collection of relics and items belonging to former President Quezon.

PRESIDENTIAL CAR MUSEUM

A few steps away from the Quezon shrine is the Presidential Car Museum, which showcases the cars that were used by former Philippine presidents, from Aguinaldo's 1924 Packard to Gloria Arroyo's Mercedes Benz.

HARBOR SQUARE

We made a quick stop at Harbor Square Manila to rest and have our lunch.

MANILA OCEAN PARK

Our last stop is at Manila Ocean Park. This is our third or fourth visit here.

As expected, the venue is crowded because another school is also having their field trip here. During the trip, Jerrick had fun bonding and playing with his classmates.

We got home around 8:30 PM. It was a tiring day, and I can say that field trips don't suit me anymore. However, I am happy to have spent time with my wife and son today.

I didn't bring my camera with me and decided to use my phone to take photos and videos.

Photos taken using the Samsung Galaxy Ultra S23

No comments:

Post a Comment