Wednesday 27 December 2023

Disney On Ice 2023 Experience

I didn't have the opportunity to watch Disney on Ice shows when I was a kid. I remember how excited my classmates were when they shared their experiences of Disney on Ice after we returned to school from the Christmas break.


During the 1990s, as far as I can remember, Disney on Ice shows were only held at the Araneta Coliseum. Now, they are held annually at the Mall of Asia Arena from December to January.

We do not have any plans for Christmas 2023, and at the same time, my wife and I have to work during Christmas Eve. When the ticket sales opened for Disney on Ice, we immediately bought tickets for the December 27 show and luckily got good seats in the VIP section.

Traffic is particularly heavy during the holidays, so we opted to depart early and arrived around 12 noon, just in time for lunch. The restaurants are crowded, so we decided to dine at Din Tai Fung.

We then walked to the Mall of Asia Arena, where we were able to enter the venue as early as 2 PM for the 3 o'clock show.

After a few photo opportunities, we bought some snacks, and Jerrick purchased a Mickey gold crown, which came with a free cotton candy.

The venue is jam-packed, from the general admission area to the front row seats. The show started at exactly 3 PM.

Professional cameras are not permitted in the venue, so I relied on my phone to capture photos. However, I primarily recorded videos of the remarkable performance.

We thoroughly enjoyed the two-hour show, which surprised us with its music, effects, costumes, and stunts. I can truly say that our tickets are worth the price.

We decided to take a break and have coffee at Starbucks Conrad before returning to the main mall for dinner.

My wife and I are both happy that our son, Jerrick, enjoyed the show. Hopefully, we can watch another show next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment