Thursday 30 November 2023

Epic Finale of The Last Rakrakan Festival

Rakrakan Festival, one of the epic annual music festivals that started in 2013, bid farewell to music fans with its final event held at the SMDC Festival Grounds on November 25-26, 2023.

The event featured multiple stages with different genres, with around 170 bands and artists performing.

My first Rakrakan Festival experience was in January 2016, which was the Rakrakan Festival 2015 held at Circuit City Makati.

I am currently managing the music site for Concerts in Town PH, and I feel fortunate to have been chosen as one of the media partners for the Last Rakrakan Festival.

Day 1

It was a rainy Saturday and traffic was really bad, and I arrived at the venue around 5pm. I was able to meet my fellow members, JD and Joselle. It was raining, and we had a difficult time navigating the venue and documenting the event.

For the first day, I was able to cover a few artists from the Mosh stage and just Kiyo on the Center Stage. 

Here are the photos I took on Day 1.

Fiester is an all-girl band from Hong Kong, whose style is combined elements of metalcore and electronicore.

The Youth

Razorback

KIYO


It was a struggle to cover in the first day of the Rakrakan Festival because of the weather and I also needed to leave early due to work.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first day, thanks to the incredible performances by the bands I had the opportunity to cover. I also received a guitar pick from the guitarist of FIESTER and also met some of the artists.

Day 2

The weather is better for the second day, and since it is the last day, the venue is jam-packed with attendees.

Today, I am with RM and Joselle, and we were able to roam around, but mostly stayed at the Center Stage.

GRACENOTE

KEAN CIPRIANO

BANDA NI KLEGGY

THIS BAND

UNIQUE

ZILD

SANDWICH


JUAN KARLOS

GREYHOUNDZ

ADIE

MRLD


ELY BUENDIA

We didn't finish the last day of the event because RM and I had work the next day. Watching Ely Buendia perform the classic Eraserheads songs is truly an amazing experience, especially when the crowd sings along with him.

I also had the chance to meet Eunice from Gracenote and all the members of This Band.

Big thanks again to Rakista Radio and Rakrakan Festival for the amazing experience. Hopefully, you will return again in the future.

Photos by Richard Esguerra using Canon R8 and Nikon D750 for Concerts in Town PH.

No comments:

Post a Comment