Tuesday 31 October 2023

Photographer Work for Moonton - MPL Philippines Season 12 Playoffs

I am thankful that I covered the MPL PH Season 11 Playoffs in May 2023 under ABS-CBN Sports. During this time, I had the opportunity to meet new people while covering E-sports games. Additionally, I was fortunate enough to secure a position as the official photographer for the MPL PH Season 12 Playoffs.

I was contacted by Keith, the PR head for Moonton Games, who asked if I would like to work with them. They mentioned that they liked my photos from the last season, and of course, I agreed.

I am really excited because I missed covering the elimination games due to my other commitments, including the FIBA World Cup.

The 5-day event of the MPL PH Season 12 Playoffs started on October 25th and ended on October 29th. It was held at the EVM Convention in Quezon City, a venue I am already familiar with as I covered the STAYC concert there last year.

Day 1 | October 25

I was assigned to cover the press conference between Moonton and the Department of Tourism.

The press conference also discussed the M5 World Championship, which will take place in Manila in December 2023.

Upper Bracket Quarterfinal

Blacklist def. ONIC PH (3-2)


RSG def. OMG (3-0) 


Day 2 | October 26

Upper Bracket Semifinal

Blacklist def. ECHO (3-1)


AP.Bren def. RSG PH (3-2)


Day 3 | October 27

Upper Bracket Final

AP.Bren def. Blacklist (3-0)


Lower Bracket Semifinal

ECHO def. RSG PH (3-1)


Day 4 | October 28

Lower Bracket Final

Blacklist def. ECHO (3-1)


Day 5 | October 29

Grand Finals

AP.Bren def. Blacklist (4-1)

I really had a great time with my first-ever job as the official stage photographer for Moonton.

Here are my other photos during the event featuring the booths, cosplay, music and more.

It was nice to meet new people and see colleagues from the media who also attended the event.

It is unfortunate that my son cannot watch due to the venue and also because he got sick. Big thanks to Renejay for the video greeting that cheered up my son, Jerrick.

Big thanks as well to Harry and Keith of Moonton for trusting me. Congratulations to AP Bren for winning the MPL PH Season 12.

Let's meet again this December for the M5 World Championship.

Photos taken using Canon R8, Nikon D750, and Samsung S23 Ultra

No comments:

Post a Comment