Monday 2 October 2023

Official Photographer for Kim Sejeong 1st Concert in Manila

It's October, and it is my birth month. Yesterday, I received the best news ever - I was chosen to be one of the official photographers for the first concert in Manila of South Korean actress and singer, Kim Sejeong.

Kim Sejeong's 1st Concert in Manila was held at the New Frontier Theater on October 1, 2023, and the show started at 5 PM.

I immediately bought a Diamond ticket so I could join the photo-op session. I really didn't think that I would be the official photographer of the event.

I watched Sejeong perform in Manila for the first time during the 2016 MBC Show of Champions with Gugudan. However, I only became familiar with her through her K-dramas "The Uncanny Counter," "Today's Webtoon," and "Business Proposal."

I really don't know what to expect, as this is my first time working as an official photographer for a concert.

While waiting for the media meeting in the lobby, I was immediately asked to go backstage. There, I met the bosses from Wilbros Live, Sir Glenn and Winston. They informed me that I would be joining them in Sejeong's dressing room to meet her.

I was really nervous when we entered the room and saw Sejeong in person. I took photos of Sir Winston and Glenn with Kim Sejeong.

Kim Sejeong also handed out signed albums to them. After that, I did the impossible and asked Sejeong for a selfie, to which she obliged. It was a surreal moment meeting one of my favorite K-Drama actresses in person.

SHOWTIME

After a few minutes, the show was about to start. I took a few photos of Sejeong's entrance and then positioned myself in front of the stage to capture her performance.

The Filo-Sesangs screamed their hearts out when Kim Sejeong appeared on stage and kicked off her concert with her song "Whale".

She performed a variety of songs in her solo concert, including "Teddy Bear," "Indigo Promise," "Send a Letter," "Plant," "Top Cliff," "Jenga," and more, showcasing her vocal abilities.

Compared to other fan meetings that include games and Q&A sessions, Sejeong's concert is filled with performances of singing and dancing, showcasing the immense talent of the South Korean actress.

Another highlight of the show was when Sejeong went into the crowd while singing "Let's Go Home".

She also serenaded the audience with songs from our favorite K-dramas, including "All of my Days" from Crash Landing on You, "If Only" from The Legend of the Blue Sea, "Meet Again" from The Uncanny Counter, and "Love, Maybe" from Business Proposal.

The concert, meet-and-greet session, and photo opportunity ended around 8:30 PM. I can say that this is truly a night to remember for all Sejeong fans, including myself.

One of the highlights of my night, besides the selfie with Sejeong, is that I won a signed poster. So, I have no regrets about getting the Diamond ticket. I also joined the photo-op session.

Big thanks to Danica (Manila Concert Scene) and Mel (Manila Concert Junkies) for recommending me to Wilbros Live. This is really one for the books.


Here are my souvenirs from the fanmeet including my two media ID, slabbed ticket, signed poster and banner. 


Photos taken using Nikon D750. 

No comments:

Post a Comment