Tuesday 18 July 2023

ToyconPH 2023 Celebrates 20th Anniversary

The last time I attended a ToyconPH event was before the pandemic, and as far as I can recall, ToyconPH only made a comeback last year.

Though we are still in the midst of the pandemic, things are slowly returning to normal, including conventions like ToyconPH.

I have been attending the ToyconPH event since the mid-2000s, and I am happy to be part of the media team.

ToyconPH 2023 is a three-day event that took place from July 7 to 9, 2023, at the SM Convention Center in Pasay City. I was supposed to attend Day 1 of the event to meet my friends JM and Rowen, but due to a scheduling conflict, I decided to attend Day 2 with my family instead. My son wanted to attend the convention wearing his Tanjiro cosplay, and we also heard that the cast of Voltes V Legacy will be attending on Day 2.

ToyconPH 2023 is also headlined by legendary Toku actors Tetsuo Kurata (Masked Rider Black/RC) and Ryosuke Kaizu (Red Mask).

We arrived at the venue around 12:30 PM. Compared to CONquest, the event was not as crowded, which was better because attendees could enjoy shopping and visiting the booths.

We were able to watch the opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony of the event, which featured the cast of Voltes V Legacy, including Tetsuo Kurata and Ryosuke Kaizu.

Voltes V Legacy

I have been a fan of the Voltes V Legacy show and I am proud that it is made in the Philippines. We attended the quick panel interview of the crew.

My son and I were able to meet the pilots of Voltes V and Director Mark E. Reyes.

I wasn't able to buy any toys this time, but I did manage to get the Voltes V Legacy shirt signed by the cast. We thoroughly enjoyed exploring the booths and attending the program.

My son also cosplayed Tanjiro from Demon Slayer and it is nice to see that he is having fun and we look forward to improve his costume on the next event.

I also bumped into friends who were also attending the event and also online influencers.

It was a tiring day, but we had fun attending the event. We also had a late lunch at Nanyang, then we had coffee at Conrad to rest before calling it a day.

Photos taken using the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and Nikon D750

No comments:

Post a Comment