Thursday 4 May 2023

MPL Philippines Season 11 Playoffs [Day 1]

I am very excited as part of the media in covering my first ever MPL PH Playoffs. The venue was held at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City as it is bigger and more accessible than the previous location where the regular season games are being held.


Blacklist International vs Smart Omega

Many are expecting that defending champions Blacklist will be eliminated as they are inconsistent during the regular season but they have proven the doubters wrong after they sweep Smart Omega 3-0 in the best-of-five series in the playoffs.


After the match is the post-game interview with the media. 

BLACKLIST


SMART OMEGA


This is my first time meeting Blacklist in person and I am a big fan and supporter since they transferred from Onic to Blacklist and during the pandemic I mostly play Mobile Legends and watch the tournaments at home.


After the first game, we had the chance to interview the Filipino imports who are coaching, playing and played on a different country including Allen "Baloyskie" Baloy, Gerald "Dlar" Trinchera, Jaylord "Hate" Gonzales, Mark "Markyyyyy" Capacio, Coach Paul "Yeb" Miranda and Robert "Hito" Candoy. Mico "Michophobia" Quitlong also joined the press conference.


Surreal experience meeting my ML idols in person and I didn't hesitate to ask for photos with them after the interview.


RGS Slate PH vs ONIC Philippines

In the second match which started at 5 PM, RSG Slate Philippines dominated Onic Philippines as rookie jungler Irrad showed how good he is in using Lancelot.


RSG Slate PH eliminated Onic and will be facing ECHO in Day 2 of the Playoffs.


I had a blast covering Day 1 of the MPL PH Playoffs. I was able to meet other personalities and bloggers including Ghost Wrecker, Demonkite and Odin.


I am very thankful to the head PR of the media Keith for giving me two VIP passes for my brother and friend who are both play MLBB and fans wanted to watch the games live.


Photos taken using Nikon D750 and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra for ABS-CBN Sports

No comments:

Post a Comment