Sunday 28 May 2023

2023 Lee Seung-gi Asia Tour Concert in Manila “The Dreamer's Dream - Chapter 2”

South Korean actor and singer Lee Seung-gi has returned to Manila for his second fan meet titled "The Dreamer's Dream - Chapter 2," held on May 27, 2023, at The New Frontier Theatre.

I became a fan of Lee Seung-gi after watching his dramas "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" and "Vagabond". Unfortunately, I missed his first fan meet in the country in October 2019.

I thought the fan meeting would be canceled due to the incoming storm, but the show did push through. Thankfully, the storm did not arrive as reported. There is a press conference at Market! Market! I considered going earlier, but I ultimately decided to only attend the fan meet event due to my work schedule until 11 AM.

I arrived at Cubao around 4 PM and decided to grab a quick bite to eat so that I wouldn't get hungry during the event. I was able to obtain my media ID and ticket from Nicole, the writer for HelloKpop, today. We entered the venue promptly at 5 PM.

The concert started promptly at 6 PM, and the organizers allowed us to approach the stage for 10 minutes to take photos and videos of the performance.

I had watched Lee Seung-gi sing on YouTube, but I was not prepared for the incredible quality of his live vocals.


He performed "Losing My Mind," "Desire and Resent," "Delete," "Forest," "The Ordinary Man," "I Got To Know It That Way," "Circle," "Like a Flower," "The Dreamer's Dream," "Wind," and "Because You're My Woman," showcasing his versatility as an artist.

The actor will be celebrating his 20th anniversary in the entertainment industry next year, and he has announced plans to collaborate with various artists for his upcoming album.

Lee Seung-gi announced that he plans to visit the Philippines more frequently and kindly advised his fans to wait for his return with patience.

All attendees received a banner, photo cards, and a facemask.

Big thanks again to Abby of HelloKpop and KdramaDiary for giving me this opportunity.

Photos were taken using the Nikon D750 and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra for HelloKpop and Concerts in Town PH.

No comments:

Post a Comment