Wednesday 12 April 2023

'K-Verse' in Manila

In the past two months (February and March), I wasn't able to cover any Korean events and big thanks to Abby of Kdramadiary.com, I was able to shoot again for HelloKpop site



I was desperately looking for an outlet where I can get a pass in covering the 'K-Verse' in Manila event by Makeitlive as it features three of South Korea's famous K-pop artist, The Boyz, aespa and SNSD's leader Taeyeon. The event was held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on April 11.

I arrived 2 hours before the concert and registered in the media booth and got my ID. It is nice to see friends from other media outlets and we were able to shoot the whole event. 


aespa


Filipino MYs are excited for the South Korean group aespa as this is their first ever visit in the country. 


The group is composed of four members Karina, Winter, Giselle and Ningning. They started the show with their hit song "Black Mamba" and followed by "Illusion".


It was also Karina's 23rd birthday and the crowd sang her "Happy Birthday" where she said that "This is such a memorable birthday for me".


Aespa continued to dominate the stage by performing "Life's to Short", "Lingo", "Savage" and "Next Level"


The girls said that they enjoyed their short stay in the Philippines and definitely enjoyed everything from the food, weather and the warm welcome of the fans. They also promised to comeback in the future.

The Boyz


The boy group from South Korea is very happy to be back in the Philippines after four years from their concert in Manila on June 2019. I can also recall watching them five years ago when they performed in the MBC Show Champion Manila 2018 at the Mall of Asia Arena.


Known for their amazing performance and visuals,  the group started with their song "Roar"


There is also another birthday celebrant which is Sunwoo who also turned 23 on April 12. The audience also sang him "Happy Birthday".


The Boyz never disappointed the Filipino fans as they also performed "Maverick", "Salty", "The Stealer", "Dancing Till We Drop" and "Thrill Ride".

Taeyeon


The Queen is back after five long years. Many fans are waiting for her return and I am one of them as being someone who started listening to SNSD when I am in my 20's and also I wasn't able to cover her solo concert in December 2018.


The leader of the iconic group Girl's Generation started with her song "I" and followed by "Toddler".


Taeyeon never disappointed the crowd after finishing her set "Set Myself on Fire", "Four Seasons" and "What Do I Call You".


She said during the interview that she promised to returned and will have a solo concert again in the future.


Taeyeon wrapped up the night with her song "INVU"


The event is presented by Make It Live Asia.

Another memorable night for K-pop fans and I am one of them as this is my first time watching aespa and Taeyeon live.

Big thanks again to HelloKpop, KDramaDiary and ConcertsInTownPH for trusting me with their photos.

Photos taken using Nikon D750.

No comments:

Post a Comment