Thursday 30 March 2023

Nightwish Live in Manila

 The Philippines is part of the 2023 Asia Tour of the Heavy Metal band NIGHTWISH called NIGHTWISH Live in Manila on March 29, 2023 at the SM North Edsa Skydome.

Big thanks to Philippine Concert for tapping me and trusting me in taking the photos for them. This is my second time covering a non K-pop event for Pulp Live PH and the first was one  is the Jason Mraz Good Vibes 2019 event.

I arrived around 6 PM in the venue and registered in the Media Area to get my media ID and camera pass. I was also advised that we are only allowed to cover the first three songs of the band. I had a quick dinner as the event will start at 8 PM. This is my first time covering a heavy metal event of a foreign artist. 

The media people were allowed to enter the venue at 7:30 PM and our designated area is at the back which is fine as the venue is not that big. The only problem that I encountered is the lighting as it was really hard to take photos of the band members due to the consistent change of light and some band members are in the dark area of the stage.

To be honest I am really not familiar with Nightwish and I do not listen to heavy metal music recently but I do listen to the music of Metallica before. It is also my first time watching and listening to the music of Nightwish which I enjoyed. The music is not purely just metal or heavy music but it was mixed with symphonic melodies.

The concert started with a bang as fans got wild when the band started playing their hits. The Manila tour was supposed to happen on January but was moved to March but for the fans the performance and music of Nightwish is worth the wait.

Photos taken using Nikon D750 for Philippine Concerts

No comments:

Post a Comment