Saturday 25 February 2023

FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers: Philippines vs Lebanon

FIBA World is just months away from happening and FIBA is finalizing the teams who would qualify to the world cup which will be held in Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines.


This is my first FIBA coverage for this year. Good thing Samahang ng Basketball ng Pilipinas provided a free shuttle service to Philippine Arena from SM North Edsa which I have availed.


It was a long day for me as I have work with my regular job in Alabang until 12nn then I had a quick lunch at Glorietta then went to SM North for the free shuttle to the venue. I arrived around 2:45pm and was able to get my media ID under ABS-CBN Sports.


The last time that I have been here in the Philippine Arena was before the pandemic for the PBA Finals between Ginebra and Meralco. I really like the lighting here compared to Araneta. 

After getting our photographer's vest, we went to the photographers area and waited for the game to start. It was also nice seeing friends from the media who covered the game today. 


The players did their warmup early but the event started at exactly at 6 o'clock PM. 


Before the game started, the new FIBA ambassador and NBA Hall of Famer and part of the 75 greatest player of all time Carmelo Anthony arrived and watched the game.


Philippines vs Lebanon


At the end of the half Gilas Pilipinas leads Lebanon 53-41.


Philippines defeated Lebanon 107-96 as Justin Brownlee finished his Gilas debut with 17 points , 5 assist, 4 rebounds and 2 steals.

I am very happy with my first FIBA game this year and also for the win of the Philippines but my camera is having issues and I am shooting in "Continuous Single Mode" which is why I wasn't able to produce better photos.

This coverage is really fun spending time with my friends and fellow photographers. Also covered the game for ABS-CBN Sports with our mobile journalist Mariz.


Also had a quick photo with Melo after the game.


Then Vloggers Nico Bolzico and Will Dasovich also joined us for a quick photo-op.


Also bumped with Angelica Yap and Wilbert Ross who watched the game.


Big thanks to Paul Ryan Tan for hooking us up back to Manila from Bulacan.

Photos taken using Nikon D750 and Huawei Nova 5T

No comments:

Post a Comment