Tuesday 28 February 2023

FIBA World Cup Asian Qualifiers: Philippines vs Jordan

Back-to-back games for the Philippines this February and this time it will be against Jordan. 

I rushed to Philippine Arena in Bulacan from Laguna after my shift from my regular work ended at 12 noon. Unfortunately, there is no free shuttle today from SBP but I was able to ride the P2P bus in Trinoma straight to the venue.

I arrived around 4 PM in the venue and some of my fellow photographers are already there just waiting for the game to start. We had a quick photo-op together and also with Gilas Pilipinas guard Kiefer Ravena and PBA Commissioner Willie Marcial before the game.

I also noticed that the crowd is less this time compared from the game against Lebanon as there is no Carmelo Anthony presence this time.

Just like the first game, I took snaps of the warm up.


Philippines vs Jordan

Just like the game against Lebanon, the game started on time at 6 PM after playing the national anthem for both teams and the warm up.


Jordan had a good start forcing turnovers and converting baskets. They are also shooting well from beyond the arc giving them a commanding lead after the first half 60-41.


Gilas managed to catch up in the second half as Justin Brownlee explodes with 41 points. 


Unfortunately, Philippines falls short as Jordan wins the game 91-90. Dar Tucker of Jordan finished the game with 22 points and 12 rebounds,

Though it was a sad ending I am sure that Gilas Pilipinas will prepare well for the FIBA World Cup tournament and make adjustments.


Nice to see my fellow photographers from different media outlet. See you again in the next sporting events,

Photos taken using Nikon D750.

No comments:

Post a Comment