Sunday 22 January 2023

Thank You Patty Tiu

Patty Tiu is one of the best female DJs in the country who started spinning and playing the best beats since 2011. 

I have been a fan of Patty Tiu and her music and unfortunately, I haven't attended her gigs since she started due to my work schedule with my regular job and my photographer gigs. 

Fortunately, I bumped into Patty in 2015 when I attended the Asia Pop Comicon 2015 at World Trade Center in Pasay, Manila and she obliged to have a photo together. 


Same year, she played in one of the UAAP events but I arrived late and missed her set. I got fortunate again as I was able to bump into her again around the Mall of Asia Arena. 


Then last year I was assigned to cover the FIBA mascot launch in SM Mall of Asia and after the event and performance of Sponge Cola, I saw DJ Patty Tiu starts playing on the side. This is the first time I watched her play live and I took a few snaps of her while playing.


After tagging her in Instagram, she followed me back which really made my day. 


Then I saw on the news that she is retiring after 13 years in the industry of making people happy with her music. I also didn't know that she is battling cancer and it really made me feel sad. 

Thank you Deuce Manila / DJ Patty Tiu for being an inspiration as a musician and as a person. Stay strong. Fighting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment