Sunday 15 January 2023

Review: Good Smile - Sayu Ogiwara Scale Figure

I really loved the romantic comedy anime Higehiro: After Being Rejected, I Shaved and Took in a High School Runaway which was released in 2021.  I wished that there would be a second season as I wanted to know what happens next to the main characters Sayu Ogiwara and Yoshida.


I did search online if there will be a figure from the anime and I saw that Good Smile will be producing a Sayu Ogiwara scale figure. I was able to pre-order with Hubbyte Toy Store and after a year of waiting the item finally arrived. 


PACKAGING

Unfortunately due to my excitement, I unboxed the item immediately and realized that I haven’t taken a photo of the box. Instead, I will just use the photo from Good Smile. 


PHOTO


I decided to improvise using parts from my old dioramas for the background, flooring and accessories as I cannot find a nice digital background online. 


This is the reference for my shot but I wanted it to be the same scene as the first meeting of Sayu and Yoshida in the first episode of the anime which happened at night.

REVIEW (Honest)

For its price of 16,000 Yen(6,900 pesos), the figure is worth it. I like the paint job and how identical it is to the anime. 

The scale is big and is perfect for display. If there would be another Higehiro figure then I would probably order again. 

This is my first good smile figure as I am really not into statues as I prefer SH Figuarts and Figma because of their articulation which is best for toy photography but this Sayu scale is an exception. 

Photos taken using Nikon D750

No comments:

Post a Comment