Sunday 9 October 2022

UAAP Season 85: La Salle vs Ateneo

As far as I can recall the last time I covered a La Salle vs. Ateneo game was way back season 80 finals where Ateneo won the series and defeated the Ben Mbala led Green Archers squad.


I am very happy that I was assigned to cover the UAAP games again as in the previous years before the pandemic, my boss always assigned me to cover PBA games. 


The game was held at the Smart Araneta Coliseum at 4:30 PM. Because of the pandemic and new guidelines, we are shoot from the lower box area. I was given my UAAP ID and a ticket.


It was a close game but it was Ateneo who dominated the rebounds and led as much as 10 points thanks to Anj Kouame and Kai Ballungay who finished the game with 22 and 19 points for the Blue Eagles.


However, the Green Archers was able to catch up and made the crucial stops and plays in the end game, thanks to Schonny Winston who top scored La Salle with 25 points while Evan Nelle chipped in 10 points as La Salle finally beats Ateneo for the first time after five years 83-78.


I am very happy that DLSU finally gets the win, as Ateneo has dominated the rivalry game in the past five years.


I am a little disappointed with our shooting area as I wasn't able to produce much quality photos. Hopefully the guidelines will change in the future. 

It was also nice seeing friends from the media who watched and covered the game. 

Pau (ONE), Mia (Larc PR) and JP.
Migs (ABS-CBN), Josh (Cignal), Marlo (Spin) and Tristan (Inquirer)
Joseph and Pam (GoArchers), Joseph (ShadedLane) and Emong and Khyte (SportsGatewayPH)

Photos taken using Nikon D750 for ABS-CBN Sports. 

No comments:

Post a Comment