Tuesday 18 June 2024

Father's Day at TOYCON PH 2024

Toycon Philippines is one of the events that I always look forward to each year. As far as I can remember, I have been attending the Toycon PH events since mid-2000.


Now in its 21st year, Toycon PH is getting bigger and better. They are having more activities, exclusive releases, guest artists, and more.

Unfortunately, I was only able to attend the first two days because of work and missed watching the live performance of my good friend JM's band, 'Project Materia,' on day 2.

We had already decided to attend Day 3 of the event with my brother and my family at the same time to celebrate Father's Day.

We arrived around 1:30 PM, and traffic was really bad around the Mall of Asia area because of the events around the area and because it was Father's Day.


My son was very excited as he was cosplaying as young Naruto. When we arrived, we watched the live performances from the J-pop artists on the main stage.

Negishi Ai


BUGVEL


CHICKEN BLOW THE IDOL


We then walked around the venue and were able to see friends from work, fellow photographers, toy collectors, cosplayers, and also celebrities including Jed Madela and Big Boy Cheng.


We were able to meet cosplayer/gamer/celebrity Myrtle Sarrosa at the PUBG booth. She is also a friend whom I met when we worked together during the 91st and 92nd seasons of the NCAA.


There were a lot of booths offering toys, collectible cards, games, food, art, limited and exclusive Toycon PH release items, and more.


Unfortunately, I wasn't able to buy anything this year, but hopefully at the next Toycon PH event this October or December, I will continue to hunt for some toys to add to my collection.

Around afternoon, the K-pop group N.Ssign performed on stage to the delight of the crowd.


The following segment was the awarding of Big Boy Cheng for his contribution to the community. He won the Pinoy Pop Culture Icon 2024 award.


It was followed by a talk featuring former Funko CEO Brian Mariotti, MINDSTYLE'S MD Young, Frederick Chua, Tom Holbrook, and DJ Big Boy Cheng.


There was also a cosplay competition held on the main stage.


There was a delay in the program, and we were unable to wait for Alodia's appearance at the event, so around 5:30 PM, we left and decided to have an early dinner at Din Tai Fung.


One of our plans was ice skating, but since it was Father's Day, the skating rink was full, so we decided to go home as it was also raining, and booking a ride home was challenging.

I am very grateful for this day as I was able to spend my Father's Day celebration with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment