Thursday 18 April 2024

Music Travel Love Asia Tour (Manila) 2024

When I was in high school, I instantly got hooked on the band called "The Moffatts" after watching their music videos on MTV. I immediately bought a cassette tape of the album "Chapter 1: A New Beginning," which was released in 1998.

I enjoyed the catchy songs, including "I'll Be There," "Love," "I Miss You Like Crazy," and "If Life is so Short."

I had never watched them perform live before, but finally, on April 12, 2024, at the Skydome, I had the chance to cover the Music Travel Love 2024 Asia Tour featuring Clint and Bob Moffatt, with special guest Dave Moffatt, Anthony Uy, Bugoy Drilon, and Francis Greg.

The event started at 8 PM, and the venue is packed with fans all waiting for an amazing night of music.

Bob and Clint kicked off the night by performing amazing covers of "Perfect," "Take Me Home, Country Roads," "Have You Ever Seen the Rain," “Every Breath You Take,” and “Can't Help Falling in Love”, which delighted the crowd.

The first guest is Anthony Uy, a finalist from the reality show ‘The Clash," who performed "How Deep is Your Love" with the duo.

Francis Greg is the second guest who joined Music Travel Love and performed "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys, followed by a cover of “It Will Rain” by Bruno Mars.

The Skydome was filled with chants when Bugoy Drilon performed “Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You” with the Canadian duo.

It was followed by Bugoy's original song “Paano Na Kaya?”, and then his renditions of "One Day" and "No Woman, No Cry" by Bob Marley.

One of the highlights of the night was when Dave Moffatt was called on stage to perform Bon Jovi's “It's My Life,” followed by his cover of “I Swear” by All-4-One.

It was followed by a set filled with Moffatt's classic hits, including “I'll Be There,” “If Life Is So Short,” “Miss You Like Crazy,” and “Love.”

Another set by Music Travel Love continued the night with their amazing covers of “Heaven” by Bryan Adams, “When You Say Nothing at All” by Ronan Keating, and followed by “Stand By Me” by Ben E. King. They then switched to "Banyo Queen" by Andrew E., which elicited cheers from the audience.

The night ended on a high note when Music Travel Love was joined by all guests and performed “You Are My Sunshine” by Johnny Cash.

I really enjoyed watching the concert and covering the event. 

I also covered the event with fellow photographers Boss JJ and Noel under Concerts in Town PH.

Also, I bumped into the influencer Christine Co, who was also attending the concert.

Photos were taken using the Canon EOS R8 and Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

No comments:

Post a Comment