Tuesday 12 March 2024

Wanderland Arts and Music Festival 2024 Experience

I attended and covered my second Wanderland Music Arts and Festival on March 9 and 10, 2024, at the Filinvest Events Ground.

Last year, I only covered the second day of the event where amazing artists performed, including Rico Blanco, Dashboard Confessional, Phoenix, FKJ, and more.

This year, I got media access through Manila Concert Junkies and covered the two-day event. Just like last year, I had a great time attending the event.

The lineup for this year's event is also amazing as it is headlined by Jack Johnson and Grammy award winners Thundercat and PJ Morton. The addition of K-pop star Hwasa has also come as a big surprise to the K-pop community in the Philippines.


Day 1

After finishing my other work, I hurried to the Filinvest Events Ground for the first day of this year's Wanderland Music Festival. I arrived around 4 PM and was able to watch Ena Mori performing live, but unfortunately, I wasn't able to take photos of her.

Here are the photos of the artist that I covered on the first day.

Gabba

Jose Miguel

Beenzino

Lola Amour

Cosmo's Midnight

Parcels

Novo Amor

Jack Johnson

Day 1 was tiring but super fun as the artist who performed met the fans' expectations.

Covering a music festival is not fun without friends. Today, I am with Joselle, a photographer covering for my music site "Concerts in Town PH," Bryan and Eljay from Hallyulife, Celine from Manila Concert Junkies, Jelena from RX 93.1, and Yam and Danica from Manila Concert Scenes.

I also took a few portrait photos of attendees, including influencers Joj and Jai Agpangan.

Day 2

For the second day, I arrived around the same time at 3:30 PM. I had a quick snack at the nearby Subway.

Here are my snapshots for Day 2 of the event.

Paolo Sandejas

Cloudriver

Grentperez

The Walters

Hwasa

Jeff Bernat


PJ Morton

Breakbot and Irfane

Thundercat

Today, I took more photos of people at the venue and also attempted to capture better shots of the performances.

Covered Day 2 with Joselle and Cesca, who are both photographers with Concerts in Town PH. Also, I met new friends and new people, including Stella and Vinny from Philippine Concerts, and some folks from Kmusify media.

I also met up with friends, including Margaret, Jazmine, Jelena, and my former boss Carlo and his family.

Also, I met influencer/model Patricia Henson, OPM legend Ely Buendia, TV host Aiyana Perlas, and rising artist Leisha.

I really had a blast covering the two-day event. It was very tiring, but it was an amazing experience taking photos and watching the artist perform live.

I would like to commend the organizers of Wanderland Music Festival for putting together a well-rounded event that includes a wide selection of food, free water refills, merchandise, clean restrooms, and friendly staff.

Wanderland Music and Arts Festival was presented by Karpos Multimedia.

Big thanks to Karpos for granting us access to cover the event, and also to Mel of MCJ.

Photos taken using Canon EOS R8, Nikon D750 and Samsung S23 Ultra.

No comments:

Post a Comment