Monday 8 January 2024

First Concert for 2024: Yesung "Unfading Sense in Manila"

I received my first K-event assignment earlier than expected when I was asked to cover Pulp Live World's first event for 2024, Super Junior Yesung's "Unfading Sense" in Manila. The event took place on January 6, 2023, at the New Frontier Theater.

I arrived before 4 PM to obtain my media ID and camera strap in order to take photos of the show. I had a quick snack at Black Scoop Cafe with my fellow media friends from Hallyulife and Manila Concert Junkies.

We returned to New Frontier Theater around 5:30 PM, entered the venue, and waited for the show to start.

This is my first time watching Yesung perform live. I have listened to some Super Junior songs since their rookie years, which is when I started listening to K-pop music. Unfortunately, I missed their concerts in 2022 and 2023.

Manila is the second-to-last stop of Yesung's "Unfading Sense" Asia Tour and also marks a celebration of his latest solo album.

The Super Junior member said that he is happy to be back in Manila and to reconnect with PH ELFs.

Yesung performed all of his new songs, including “Scented Things,” “Fornever,” and “Silhouette,” as well as his classic songs such as “No More Love,” “Butterfly,” “Moment,” “Floral Sense,” “Beautiful,” and “4 Season.”

“It's my first time traveling to different cities and countries by myself,” Yesung said, reflecting on his current concert tour ending this month.

The PH ELFs also created a surprise video for Yesung, featuring fans holding a Yesung photocard and Super Junior lightsticks in various locations across the Philippines.

To conclude the evening, Yesung performed "Together" and "I Am."

The Super Junior member expressed his gratitude for all the fans who continue to support him, and he promised to return for another "Super Show" or another solo concert.

I would like to thank HelloKpop for choosing me once again as their photographer for the event, and also to Pulp Live World for organizing the best K-pop events in the Philippines.


After the concert, I went to the Cubao giant Christmas Tree because my best friend JM was there. We hung out for a bit and took photos of the beautiful Christmas tree, knowing that it would be removed in the next few days.


Photos were
taken using the Canon EOS R8 and Samsung S23 Ultra.

No comments:

Post a Comment