Friday 22 September 2023

Centurion FC 13 MMA Event

I cannot recall the last time I covered an MMA event, but it was before the pandemic for ONE Championship.

A good friend invited me to join their team as a photographer a few months ago, and since it's a paid opportunity, I gladly accepted.

The promotion is called Centurion FC, of which I am not familiar, and the event was held at Casa Ibarra on July 21, 2023.


Most of the fighters are from the Philippines, and the only one I am familiar with is Red Romero, who fought at URCC and held the championship belt in his division at that time.

Our call time is 4 PM, but the event started at 9 PM. We took photos of the ring girls first, as instructed by the organizer.

Guests started to arrive around 8 PM, and after a quick dinner, we proceeded to our assigned area in the venue.

Here are the photos that I took from the fight night.

1. Keishi Yagi def. Red Romero


2. Eduardo Souza def. Roel Rosauro

3. Junifer Kimmayong def. Mark Itaas


4. Ernie Braca def. Ellias Duran


5. Kimbert Alintozon def. Marvin Malunes


6. Ely Fernandez def. Fernando Venus


7. Mark Alcoba def. Jaypee Espinosa


8. Jacques Lubaya def. Mario Sismundo


MAIN EVENT

Eduardo Souza from Brazil defeated Keishi Yagi to win the 4-man tournament.

It was nice seeing my good friend Alex, who has been a friend since the late 2000s, and we both started our photography journeys together.

Also, I met the model and actress Sunshine Guimary at the event.

The event ended around midnight. Since it's already late and Grab car is too expensive from Casa Ibarra to Laguna, I decided to book a ride with Joyride. I got home around 1:30 AM.

Photos taken using Nikon D750

No comments:

Post a Comment