Saturday 28 July 2018

AsiaPop Comic Convention 2018

The most awaited comic convention in Manila is back and now bigger and better as it brings celebrity guest Tye Sheridan and Finn Jones to meet the fans. The 3-day event is from July 27-29 and was held at the SMX Convention Center in Pasay City.

APCC Manila tickets was sold via SM tickets and on the venue with prices of Php 650 (one-day pass), Php 950 (two-day pass) and Php 1,150 (three-day pass).

Here are the complete list of guest for this year's APCC Manila.

We attended the second day of the event and just like the previous years, I am attending the event as part of the media under ABS-CBN News Lifestyle and also as a fan. I attended the event with my office buddy Jensen and my friends JM and Rowen together with their girlfriends Pau and Elise.

I arrived early and tried my best to take photos of all the important events for the day. Near the media area is the Cosplay Workshop by Canvas Cosplay & Singer.

I started with the Online Storytellers Panel with lifestyle bloggers David Guison, Marie Jasmine and actor Donny Pangilinan.


I was able to meet model Marie Jasmine after the Panel.

The next event in the MAIN STAGE is the TOY PANEL with AmandaVisell, Michelle Valigura and Simone Legno.

As part of the media there is an exclusive interview with the celebrity guest and the first interview for the day is with English actor Finn Jones who played Loras Tyrell in Game of Thrones and Iron Fist in the Marvel TV series.


I didn't attend the media interview with the other celebrity guest Tye Sheridan but since I bought a ticket for his meet-and-greet. Tye Sheridan played Cyclops in the recent Marvel film X-Men and also the main character Wade Watts/Parzival in the movie Ready Player One.


I am a fan of his movie Ready Player One, I took photos during our scheduled meet-and-greet and also had my Ready Player One poster signed.


I also received a signed photo of Tye Sheridan and of course the chance to have a photo with him.


We also had a group photo. (Photo from APCC Facebook page)


Next is we went to the COMIC ARTIST ALLEY where local and foreign comic-book artist has a table and for us fans to meet them and also bought some of their works like comics and prints.

Lan Medina

A Filipino artist who is known for his works on Aria, Fables and The Punisher.


Mike McKone

A British comic-book artist who has know for his works on Marvel's Exiles, Fantastic Four and DC's Teen Titans.


Alex Sinclair

A Mexican comic-book colorist and is know for his works on The Flash, Batman Hush, Infinite Crisis, 52 and more.


Phil Noto

An American painter and comic-book artist who is know for his works on X-23, Uncanny X-Force and more.


Whilce Portacio

A regular guest in APCC, this is one of the events where you get to meet Filipino artist Whilce Portacio. He co-founded Image Comics and is know for creating the X-Men character Bishop.


Artgerm

Stanley Lau a comic-book artist and currently an instructor at 3dsense Media School in Singapore is back with his new works. He is know for his amazing covers and artworks from comic-book, anime and gaming characters.


Local Filipino artist are also present in the event like Carlo Pagulayan and Rian Gonzales. I also got my Emma Frost commissioned blank cover from Rian in the event.


I also had my comics and prints signed by the guest and also very happy to meet them in the event.


Brian Muir

Another special guest is Mr. Brian Muir, a British sculptor who is known for creating the Darth Vader helmet and armour and other Starwars character helmets and armours.


APCC has a lot to offer including comics, toys, figures and statues both on display and for sale.


Never forget the COSPLAYERS and The Cage Guest.


Vera Chimera


Leon Chiro


Yugana Senshi Uon


We were able to bought prints and got them signed as well. We were able to meet and have photos with the other cosplayers.


It was also nice seeing friends who attended the event including Katz, Wavs and my sports photographer friends Angel and Flavs.


It was an amazing event that we all enjoyed because of the what APCC offered and also bonding with my friends as well. I was very happy with my hauls and my signed items and lastly meeting new people and Tye Sheridan.


Photos taken using Nikon D750 for ABS-CBN News Lifestyle. Some photos taken using Samsung S7 Edge

No comments:

Post a Comment